Help & FAQ
Anything from account registration to user login.
- How can I recover a lost or forgotten password?
- From the sign in page select the Forgot password? link or click here.
- Enter your email address associated with your account and click the [Submit] button.
- Check your email inbox. If the email does not arrive in your inbox be sure to check your junk mail folder or spam filter.
- Click the reset link in that email.
- Choose a new password.
- How do I change my password?
You can change your password at any time.
- From your logged in account, go to your "My Account" area.
- From the left hand menu, select "Account > Password."
- Enter your current password.
- Choose your new password.
- Save your changes by clicking the [Change Password] button.
- Why am I not receiving any emails?
- Check your junk mail folder or spam filter for the missing emails.
- Make sure that your email address, in your account settings, is entered correctly.
- Verify that your email client, such as Outlook, is not in “offline” mode.
- If you use a POP3 connection to retrieve your email, please verify that the emails were not downloaded to a different computer.
If you are still not receiving our emails, please contact us.
- How do I change the email address tied to my account?
You can change your email address by editing your account details within your “My Account” area.
- Why do I get a warning message that my username is invalid?
Every user must select a username for their account. The username can only contain letters, numbers, underscores, and hyphens. We recommend replacing all [spaces] with either an underscore or hyphen.
Incorrect: MY Username
Or, it says that the username selected is already in use.
Usernames are unique. Two users cannot share the same username. If you get a notice during registration that your username is already in use, you will need to select a different username.
- Why does it say that my email address is already in use?
If you get a notice that your email address is already in use when creating an account, it means that you have already created an account with us at some point. If you do not remember your login information, please enter your email address into the forgotten password form and you will be able to reset your password and log in to your account.
- How can I add a listing to my watchlist
To add an item to your watch list:
Click on any heart icon to add it to your watch list.
To remove an item from your watch
To remove an item from your watch list, simply click on the solid heart icon. Alternitavely you can navigate to My Account >> Bidding >> Watching to see all items in your watchlist.
- Can I contact the seller before placing a bid?
It's easy to send a public question to any seller on Pedigree Sales.
Each listing has an "Ask a question" section where logged-in users can post a question to the seller about the listing in question.
Once your question has been posted, the seller will be notified via email and asked to respond.
- Can I cancel or change my bid amount after submitting?
Your bid is a contract between you and the listing creator. If you have the highest bid you will enter into a purchase contract and this can not be changed or withdrawn.
We have made the bidding process completely transparent and require all bidders to confirm their bid before submitting.
- How do I know if a listing has a reserve set?
All listing display a "reserve status" indicator beside the current bid price.
The Listing creator did not set a reserve price.
Reserve Price Not Met
The Listing creator has set a reserve price but the highest bid has not met that reserve price.
Reserve Price Met
The Listing creator has set a reserve price and the highest bid has beaten that reserve price.
- How do I know if I have won an auction?
If you have the final winning bid once an auction has ended you will receive an email from us congratulating you on the sale with next steps.
To see all of your won auctions, navigate to My Account >> Bidding >> Won
Here you can Contact the seller, Submit feedback, View the listing, and Checkout (depending on the seller's payment options)
- What is a proxy bid?
Put simply, a proxy bid is your maximum bid price.
Our auctions will always increase in the bid increments listed here.
When you place a proxy bid, the system will bid incrementally for you up to your maximum (proxy) bid. Your maximum bid is kept a secret from other users.
To place a proxy bid, use the + icon to increase your bid to whatever your maximum bid is.
You will then see your bid increase to the next bid increment and not to your maximum bid (unless your proxy bid is below the reserve price)
- Why did my proxy bid go to the max bid amount?
If there is a reserve on a listing, your bid will go to the lesser of either your maximum bid or the reserve price.
- I won an auction, what next?
If you are the winning bidder a completed auction, you will receive an email from us with a link to directly contact the seller to arrange payment and transportation (if required).
- Why does the auction finish time keep changing?
To prevent bid sniping (where users try to cheat the system by placing last-second bids) our system will increase the timer by 60 seconds whenever a bid is placed in the last remaining minute.
We ask all of our users to please reframe from entering last-second bids. These bids may not reach the server on time if the internet connection is not sufficient.
- What is a reserve?
A reserve price is the minimum price a seller is willing to accept for their listing. If the bidding doesn't reach this price, they are not obligated to sell.
Sellers might use a reserve price because it allows them to set a low starting price to generate interest and bidding, but protects them from having to sell at a price that they feel is too low.
Reserve prices are hidden to bidders.
If a reserve has been met, bidders will see “Reserve Met” next to the item price.
- Why do the bidding increments keep changing?
Bid increments determine the minimum valid bid amount a user may enter when placing a bid on an auction.
A user may bid any amount equal to or greater than the (Current Price) + (Bid Increment).
Increments are applied at each 'price level' up to the next defined 'price level'.
- How do I become a seller on Pedigree Sales Enterprise?
To apply for a seller's account simply open the chat box on the right of your screen and let the support agent know your intentions. Alternatively, you can call us on the numbers below:
Once approved your seller's account will be set up in minutes.
- How do I take payments?
Once the sale of your listing has completed (reserve met and timer completed) it is up to the seller and buyer to arrange an off-site payment for the listing.
The buyer and seller will receive an email with a link to directly contact the other party immediately after the sale listing has finished.
- How do I create a listing?
To create a listing, go the the "My Account" section in the top navigation area and click on "Create Listing"
Enter the details in the following page and click Create Listing, it's that easy.
Feel free to chat with a support agent should you have any queries about this process.